Complete Guide on How to Juice without Juicer 2021
Fruit juice is a popular and loved drink by many people. However, on the market, most bottled juices contain preservatives that will affect your health. Therefore, it is best to do it at home. However, these types of juicers are quite expensive, and not all of you have them. Do not worry. Here we will guide you on how to juice without juicer at home simply and easily.
How to juice without juicer
Use a blender
This is the most popular and widely used method. A blender is a very common appliance and is found in almost every home. Taking advantage of the blender will help you quickly have yourself a delicious glass of juice. It also saves you a lot of time, and the way to operate the machine is not difficult. Besides, the method is also very simple and does not take much effort.
- Step 1: First, you need to prepare the fruits you like.
- Step 2: You need to cut the ingredients to make building easier. You should prepare some ice to grind with if you like to drink a glass of cool juice. If you prefer to consume 100% pure juice, no need to add ice. On the contrary, if your fruits are low in the water, you should prepare a little more filtered water to make the blender easier.
- Step 3: When everything is ready, put the ingredients into the machine, close the blender’s lid, and start the blender. We recommend that you do not grind for too long but stop when you see that the mixture is smooth. The recommended time is 2-3 minutes. If grinding is a bit difficult, you should add a little water.
- Step 4: After grinding, take a sieve and place it in a bowl. Then, slowly pour the blended mixture into it and wait for the water to run down the bowl. To prevent water from remaining, you can use a spoon to press the part that is on the sieve. Finally, pour everything into a glass, and you have a healthy juice without the need for a juicer.
The advantage of this method is that it is easy to do, saves time, and is suitable for almost any fruit. Besides, this method also has the disadvantage of requiring many tools. And, of course, not all food blenders can be built easily. But overall, if you don’t have a press, this is a great way.
Use an egg beater
If you don’t have a blender at home, you can choose a whisk or a manual whisk. But with this method, not all fruits can make juice. It only works for watery and soft fruits like watermelon, dragon fruit, and passion fruit. Compared to using a blender, then whisk also takes more time and requires patience.
- Step 1: You need to prepare the ingredients. Note that you should choose soft, succulent fruits; the success rate will be higher.
- Step 2: You also cut the fruit into small and thin pieces.
- Step 3: Take a tool containing the cut fruit, use a whisk or spoon to squeeze them. Do this until the ingredients are crushed, and water is released.
- Step 4: Finally, you filter the juice through a sieve; you will also have yourself a delicious juice.
Also, we’ll show you a much better way that only applies to watermelons or cantaloupes.
- Step 1: Prepare half a watermelon or a cantaloupe. Note that you must choose the best melon with the skin on.
- Step 2: You will use a whisk to crush the melon inside the rind. Of course, it is advisable to start from the inside and then gradually work out until the crust is reached. We will use the melon skin as a container for water, so you need to be careful not to break the melon skin.
- Step 3: After done, you can plug in the straw, drink it directly, or pour it into the sieve to filter the residue.
For this direct method, it is faster than cutting and then using a whisk. However, it is still not as quick and varied as many juices with a blender. But you still get yourself a delicious and nutritious cup of juice.
Use common kitchen utensils
Besides the blender, the kitchen tool can also make juice. Here we will show you some simple ways to make a glass of juice with just common tools.
Method 1: Use a towel
You need to prepare a thin, clean towel and a container for water.
As for the ingredients, we recommend choosing easy-to-squeeze ingredients such as watermelon, dragon fruit, and pomegranate. Next, you use a knife to cut them into small pieces, and you should slice them as thin as possible. If you’re using pomegranates, you’ll need to separate the seeds.
Finally, put it in a towel and squeeze it out tightly to avoid any remaining water. Do not use thick towels. If you use a towel that is too thick, it will make wringing more difficult.
Method 2: Use a plastic bag
As for the ingredients and cutting the fruit, it will be similar to using a towel. After cutting, you put them in a transparent and thick plastic bag. Remove the air inside the plastic bag and tie the bag tightly.
You can then use a cutting board to squeeze them, roll them over, or crush them with your hands. With this method, you need to prepare a thick plastic bag to avoid tearing the bag. After you have destroyed the fruits, you put them in a sieve and then filter the water as above.
Method 3: By hand
This method only works for oranges and lemons and is very quick. You just need to squeeze oranges and lemons with your hands to make a delicious juice.
Method 4: Put in the freezer compartment
You need to prepare the ingredients. Then cut it into small pieces and put it in an airtight container. Next is to put the fruit box in the freezer for 2-3 days to freeze. Here, we recommend watermelon or dragon fruit as the best.
After taking them out, put them on a sieve and wait for them to defrost slowly. During defrosting, the water will drip down, and the fruit pulp will rest on the sieve. About 2-3 hours later, you will have a glass of cool juice. It takes a lot of time for this method, but it is very effective, guaranteed not to disappoint you.
We hope that the above methods will help you make delicious and nutritious juices at home without a juicer. Avoid using fluids on the market because most of them have preservatives and are not made from 100% fruit, affecting your health.
If you find these methods quite difficult, you can also buy a manual juicer if your home can’t afford it. Of course, it won’t be expensive, but it requires strong pressure thanks to the impact of the hand on the handle, so it requires strong-arm force.
In case you have a comfortable budget, you should equip your family with a standard juicer to create juices that provide vitamins and minerals for the body every day.
How to choose the ingredients for making fruit juice?
To get a glass of juice, the preparation materials are extremely important and determine our juice quality. So, to have a delicious juice, you need to pay attention to the following issues:
- Do not choose overripe or underripe fruits. Instead, you should choose fruits that are just ripe, not crushed, especially fresh.
- Regarding raw materials processing, you need to wash them with water. However, if you want to be on the safe side, choose saltwater to wash thoroughly because the outside can have bacteria and dirt.
- After preparing fruit, juice should be made immediately because if you leave them for a long time, airborne bacteria can enter the ingredients and reduce the freshness.
- Don’t just use fruit for juice! You can combine it with some vegetables according to suitable recipes. You should find recipes at reputable information sources, avoid indiscriminate combinations that affect the intestines.
What are some simple juicers?
For common juices like watermelon juice, pineapple juice, apple juice, pomegranate juice, orange juice, tomato juice, carrot juice, combining fruits is much better than using only one ingredient. However, to mix them, you should only use safe, tested formulas. Here are some recipes for you:
Cooling recipe: You need to choose low-sugar or high-sugar fruits mixed with sour fruits like Apples and pears or Apples, pears and pineapples or Grapes, blueberries, and plums. You can also combine Grape, lemon, and lychees or Grape, mulberry, lemon, orange.
Detox and safe recipes for health: Orange, lemon, and ginger; Orange and basil; Beetroot, pomegranate, aloe; Watermelon, ginger, mint leaves, lemon, and lychees; Watermelon, pineapple, orange, spinach.
How to squeeze fruit out of a lot of juice?
To squeeze out a lot of juice, we need to choose the right ripe fruit because the ripeness of the fruit greatly determines the amount of water inside.
Choose fresh, succulent fruits based on the stretch of the rind and their color. For oranges and lemons, a very effective way is to roll them before squeezing the juice. This way makes the oranges, lemons softer, and the amount of fluid squeezed out will be more than usual.
However, rolling too hard will cause the oil in their shells to penetrate inside, making the juice bitter.
Another great way is to soak the fruit with sugar before juicing. This will help you preserve the color of the juice, possibly more water. But, for fruits with a lot of sugar, you should not apply this way because it will make the juice high and harmful to health.
What mistakes should be avoided when using fruit juice?
Most of us have used fruit juice, but sometimes we use it incorrectly. Here are some notes when using fruit juice that you should know
- You should not drink fruit juice on an empty stomach, especially fruits with a sour taste and high acidity such as oranges, lemons, pineapples, etc. will affect your stomach.
- Do not drink fruit juice before going to bed because it will make it difficult for you to digest. The most appropriate time to use is noon or before/after meals for about 30-60 minutes.
- After making the juice, do not drink immediately; wait about 10-15 minutes is the best time to use. Because freshly squeezed juice often has foam, drinking it immediately will not be good for the body.
- The juice should be used within the day, preferably only for a maximum of 5 hours, stored in the refrigerator, and covered with a lid. Avoid leaving it until the next day because there will be bacteria and bacteria that are easy to reproduce.
How do you make juice without a blender or juicer?
By throwing the ingredients into a pot of boiling water and then straining it. Seriously, that’s all there is to it. The color might be slightly different than what you’d get from an actual juicer, but the flavor is no less delicious! And when you have so much food to make at once, blenders aren’t always an option. This recipe makes enough for about 4-6 servings (depending on how many people are eating) and can easily be scaled up or down depending on your host needs and/or your appetite.
It also keeps very well in the fridge for several days making it perfect for batch cooking if needed. So go grab those carrots, bananas and apples (or pears) and get ready to make enough juice to share with the whole neighborhood! If you want to add ingredients such as ginger, oranges or berries they can be added after the first straining since they should be fine in the final drink. Feel free to experiment and let me know how it goes!
Which is healthier juicer or blender ?
A bender will pulverise everything to a pulp (like baby food), while a juicer keeps the fibre and nutrients in tact. You can drink your juice immediately after you make it with no need for extra straining or sieve-ing of any kind. This is why I prefer using a juicer over a blender if I want my body to digest green juices quickly . If you prefer adding more fruits into your green juice, then it’s more convenient to use a blender than having to do lots of straining afterwards. Having said that, some people like drinking their juice in a warm soup consistency rather than juice itself, in which case you can simply blend your green juice to any texture that you like. It’s also easier to store and serve for the same reason.
Another thing about blenders is that they are so versatile that they take on the role of a food processor as well. I recently bought one for my birthday and it makes soups, spreads , pesto, ice-cream, fruit sorbet…the list goes on. I haven’t even got around to using all of its features! On top of all these uses, you can obviously use them to make smoothies as well.
Juicing is a popular way to get fruits and vegetables into your diet. But not everyone has the equipment or time for juicing every day. Luckily, there are many ways you can make healthy drinks without owning a juicer! You know how to juice without juicer. We hope that the above information will help you have the skills and knowledge to protect your health as well as that of your family members. It pays off in the long run when we take care of ourselves from an early age. And with some time and effort, anyone can learn these three simple steps for juicing at home without a juicer (or blender).
Remember, healthy eating starts today – so get going on finding ways to eat cleanly while still enjoying delicious foods like smoothies and juices! Using the right juice will help you have good health. Check out this article as it shares several creative recipes that will give you all of the benefits of fresh juice with none of the fuss. Thank you very much for reading these articles!