Easy Guide on How to Maintain Your Blender 2021
Using and maintaining a blender is a necessary process to ensure the durability of the machine and the user’s safety. Therefore, in addition to having to follow the safety rules during use in accordance with the user manual, we also need to find out by the article “how to maintain your blender” below.
How to maintain your blender?
Check the damage level
Pay attention to the vulnerable points before turning on the machine. Chances are there are small cracks that you have to pay close attention to see. In addition, you need to pay attention to the appearance of the plastic jar. Make sure they are not cracked or rusted.
Another part that you need to check is the blade. Make sure this part is attached directly and securely to the stand. This is also the most dangerous part of the machine if something goes wrong.
Use the blender properly
You should review the correct use of the machine if you do not use it for a long time. Of course, it’s almost quite simple for you to figure out how to use it. However, the problem often lies in the way of maintenance and troubleshooting.
When blending, you need to control the amount of food you put in because otherwise, your whole machine will be overloaded. Specifically, having too many solids in the storage compartment will abuse the engine power. From there, the life of the machine will be significantly reduced. Moreover, this also puts a lot of pressure on each blade in the system.
Be careful with hard food
Not all machines can perfectly handle hard foods. Most family-friendly varieties prefer soft foods and liquids. Therefore, you need to minimize the grinding of ginger, ice, sweet potatoes, and some other vegetables.
Attempting to overuse the machine with hard foods like these can accelerate blade wear. Therefore, in case you want to grind something too hard, use more specialized industrial blenders.
In order for the blender to always operate effectively, users need to adhere to the following principles strictly:
- When there is no water or food in the machine, do not operate the machine.
- Only when the blender knife stops completely do you begin to remove the lid of the blender.
- If you are still not satisfied with the grinding process, you should add milk or water to the blender when grinding to ensure the grinding efficiency and keep the machine working better.
- It is recommended to grind for 30 seconds during the grinding process and then stop for a few lines before grinding again. When the machine is hot, it is best to stop for a few minutes to cool down.
- When the machine is operating, do not use your hands or other objects to remove food because it is very dangerous.
- If the machine suddenly stops while grinding, it may be because there is too much food in the machine, lack of water, or there is a gap around the blade. Please turn off the device to handle these phenomena.
- You should also choose to buy grinders with stainless metal blades and high-quality glass or plastic containers to ensure that the blender is resistant to heat and pressure.
- Before grinding, you should also carefully check components such as plugs, blades, containers, filters always to ensure safety for the grinding process. If there is a problem, please stop using it for repair.
Maintain the blender according to the using process
- Before turning on the machine, you need to make sure that the parts are properly assembled, matched, and fully assembled. The blade must be properly constructed with the main blender (blender) and the auxiliary grinder (meat grinder, dry food grinder, etc.) before being installed on the machine’s body. Especially for multi-function blenders, the parts are often disassembled, so you need to read the instructions carefully before use.
- It is important to properly fit the blender components together, especially with a multi-function blender.
- Do not operate the machine when there is no food in the main or auxiliary bowls, and do not remove the cover until the knife has stopped rotating completely.
- The process of using each press of the grind button does not exceed 30 seconds. If the machine runs for too long, it will quickly heat up, the efficiency is not high, but the engine will fail soon. Whether it is a dry or wet blender, you should still add milk or water to make the machine operate smoothly. When squeezing the fruit, do not leave the whole fruit, but cut it into small pieces; the quality of the juice is better.
- Before grinding, you should see the norm and usually useless food than the norm; Food must be carefully filtered (meat, fish) and crushed with a moderate amount before grinding to avoid splashing.
- Carefully inspect the cords, blades, filter, and other components before grinding; if any element is found to have been damaged, discontinue use of the appliance and contact the manufacturer for replacement and repair.
- When using the blender, pay attention not to press the button and hold it for too long, but do the push-and-release operation. Each press release like that will last from 5-15 seconds. If you press and hold for too long, the machine will overheat or overload and lead to motor burnout.
- Depending on the type of food, you choose the appropriate speed for the machine when using it. You only need to grind at a low and medium speed for baby food, but you need to use a higher rate if you are grinding crabs and nuts.
- Do not leave the blender for too long, and at the same time, choose the right grinding speed for each type of food.
- Do not use the dry food grinder (of all-purpose machine models) to grind crabs or hard, sharp, pointed foods because it will scratch the plastic cup, and the grinder blade may be chipped.
- Should use a hand blender product only to grind cooked food or only to grind raw food to ensure hygiene and avoid infection, especially when preparing food for young children.
- After use, only wipe the motor body and the connector of the whisk (of all-purpose models) with a dry cloth; the rest can be washed wet.
- When using the machine to grind porridge and soup, you should cut the vegetables short if you have vegetables. This is because long vegetable rolls can be wrapped around the grinder shaft, causing overload, resulting in the burning of the motor. This is rare but still needs to be taken care of).
- When using the mixer to beat eggs, for the best results, use only low speed.
- A blender can be used to grind porridge right in the pot, so it is very convenient, but it is not recommended to crumble when the porridge is boiling to ensure safety for users.
- To avoid danger when the machine is in operation, do not use your hands or foreign objects to remove food or be negligent when removing food from the machine.
- When grinding, you should add a little water or milk to the ground food, not dry grinding. Do not grind for more than 30 seconds, especially when the machine is hot.
- Turn off the power before cleaning the device. Be careful with the blades and cutting parts of the blender during operation and cleaning.
- As soon as you’re done using it, unplug the power outlet, lift the jar off the base, then turn it clockwise to remove the bottom of the jar.
- After grinding, you should soak the blade and the mill part in water, then clean the knife and funnel with a soft brush. If left for a long time, vegetables, fruits, food … will stick tightly, easily mold, and very difficult to clean later.
- When cleaning the blender, you should not use sharp objects to clean the blender because this causes the outer protective layers of the blender to peel off. You should use a soft brush, wet cloth, or sponge to clean the blender.
- Carry out the correct assembly operations as described in the user manual of the blender to avoid situations such as forgetting to unplug the power source or touching the blade with your hand, causing injury to the user.
- Regularly check the quality of machine parts such as blades, mills, etc., to find damaged pieces to be repaired soon.
- Do not clean the blender body directly with water, but use a wet cloth, soft brush, or sponge to clean. Do not clean the product with metal wash plates, detergents, or corrosive liquids.
- Do not rinse with very hot water and then put the mortar in the refrigerator because brittle plastic materials are easy to crack when there is a sudden temperature difference.
- After cleaning the machine thoroughly, you should dry the mill partly in a cool place or turn it upside down to dry before installing and storing. Otherwise, the device will have an unpleasant smell.
- Store the blender in a cool, dry place, away from water, out of the reach of children.
With these very simple cleaning and maintenance tips for your blender, you can be more confident in cleaning your family’s blender. From now on, you won’t have to worry about using a dirty machine anymore.
The way to clean the blender is safe, fast, and very easy to operate, right? Hopefully, this article has helped homemakers be more confident in cleaning their mill and creating many attractive dishes.